Sun Peaks Racers Board of Directors May Update

Posted by Deanna Devlin on May 24 2020 at 04:32AM PDT

Hello SPAC Athletes and Parents,

On behalf of the SPAC Board, I hope that you and your family are finding your way through the COVID-19 Pandemic and all of its associated challenges. We are hoping that the recent changes to the direction from public health agencies will mean that you can start working towards a new normal. For us on the board, we have been meeting over the past couple of months to chart a path forward for the club. As you are aware the rules and recommendations put forth by the Provincial Health Officer are constantly changing depending on how the pandemic evolves and as such we won’t be able to make final statements regarding programs until closer to the ski season.

We are optimistic that we will be able to return to some form of regular operations next ski season. This will likely come with some new rules and best practices, but we have teams already starting on plans to make this happen. What this fully means for next year…it’s too soon to say but rest assured we are on it.

That being said, we have already made the decision to freeze our program fees. We hope that committing to this well in advance of the season may help you and your family to make some plans around your winter activities. We want to see you back at Sun Peaks! In the coming weeks, you will see a survey from us to help determine approximate registration numbers for next year. This information will help us with planning and hiring so please take a few minutes to fill it out when you see it.

Stay tuned for more upcoming news, and I hope that you’re finding time for hiking, mountain biking and other great family activities to keep you busy.


Mike Lorimer
SPAC President


There are no comments for this announcement.